A Pleasant Surprise!

After starting my research on which cosmetic companies test on animals, I subconsciously ruled out some of my favorite higher-end makeup companies because I assumed that they test on animals. Some of my favorites include the famous counters: Mac, Lancome, Benefit and my all-time favorite, Urban Decay. Much to my surprise, after searching "Does Urban Decay test on animals?" in the Google search bar, I came upon Urban Decay's Cruelty-Free & Vegan Policy


More than half of my makeup collection consists of Urban Decay products and I told myself after starting this project, I would use up what I have, and part ways with the company. After reading about their policies I could not be any happier that I can continue to use products from my favorite company, and not feel guilty along the way!


The page starts off by saying, "Urban Decay is and always has been, a cruelty-free company." I was so happy when I read their mission statement, "We insist on producing beautiful, irreverent, high-end cosmetics without conducting animal testing," because it shows what an all around great company they are. It is a great thing for a cosmetic company to have such good values, especially because Urban Decay is a high-end brand. 


Two of the most well-known organizations that are solely focused on companies that are cruelty-free are, PETA which for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. Their logo (to the left) is a cute little bunny with it's ears made into a heart, with the words Cruelty-Free underneath. Another well-known organization is, The Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics (CCIC). The CCIC is a group of seven animal protection organizations whose goal is to make shopping for cruelty-free cosmetics easy and trustworthy. The logo for them is a leaping bunny. These logos are located on a lot of cosmetics so an easy way to know if your products are cruelty-free is to just look on the back near the barcode!


If you are a makeup obsessed girl like me, or are just looking for some great quality products with amazing pigmentation and color variety, go ahead and check out the Urban Decay Website, or stop by your local counter at the mall. Their cosmetics are so worth the money and knowing they pride themselves in making sure their products aren't tested on animals makes them stay #1 on my list!


Cheers,
Haleigh



At Home

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

2 comments:

  1. Since you commented on my post, I figured I'd return the favor. So, since I'm a guy I don't know much about make up and stuff lol, so here I go. It's good to know that there are companies out there that do not do animal testing with their products. This is a great post because it raises the awareness of products and animal testing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to read a little bit of my blog! I know for guys it must be a bit of a bore to read this stuff, but I appreciate the comment!

      Delete