Spring Cleaning Anyone? It's Time For Some Changes!

As Spring is approaching, at quite a fast pace if you ask me, I thought “what a better time to discuss some alternatives to products you may be using at the moment that have been tested on animals at some point in the manufacturing process!” Around this time of year it is not uncommon for us to start cleaning out areas of our homes that have become a little out of control. One of the places in my house is underneath my bathroom counter, where I store a lot of my beauty products.

I thought it would be a smart idea to pull everything out and sort through it to see if any of the products are near empty or are past their expiration date. After doing so, I decided it was time to stop buying new products and use up everything I have before I go out and try new things. A few weeks later, I decided that I should do some research and find a company that prides themselves in refusing to test on animals. My mom told me that The Body Shop is a great store to try out because not only do they use natural/fair trade ingredients, they do not test their cosmetics on animals.

After hearing this, I went out and got three different products for myself that I thought I would review for those who read my blog because they all have worked out really well for me, and they are great alternatives to some products I was using before I started this project (which were from companies that DID test on animals). I decided to pick up three different products, one of each is suitable for the following categories: Teens, Young Adults, and Adults, but can also be used for any ages.

Starting out with Teens, I picked up The Body Shop's Tea Tree Cleansing [Face] Wipes ($12.00 @ Body Shop Stores) as an alternative to the Nuetrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes that I was using before. These are great for anyone Teen or Adult, but its super easy to remove makeup or even just the impurities from the day in one easy swipe. Not only do these work great at removing makeup, they leave the skin feeling clean and refreshed.

Next, for the Young Adults I picked up a new foundation called the Oil-Free Foundation SPF 15 ($23.00 @ Body Shop Stores). This is a great foundation that is super lightweight but still provides great coverage. I replaced my old foundation, the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation with this, and not only is it working better for my skin, I feel a lot better about using a natural product that hasn't been tested on an animals face!


Finally for more Adult like skin, I picked out the Vitamin C Skin Boost Facial Serum ($26.00 @ Body Shop Stores). This is a more mature product that works to improve the skins elasticity, soften the skin, and moisturize with  Community Trade Brazil nut oil. This product instantly made my face soft and almost velvety, I definitely recommend this product as an alternative to any facial serum you might be using.

All of these products are great alternatives to the products I was using before, and I would totally recommend that all my readers at least stop in The Body Shop and ask them some questions about how their company works. Also, they handed me a few samples with my purchase and some booklets about where they get their ingredients! (Such as cocoa butter, Brazil Nut Oil etc.) I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Haleigh


At Home

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you are making the new information something that can really impact your life. I am excited to hear of some ways that can help me to stay animal cruelty free!

    ReplyDelete