✻Perfume - My Obsession✻

I have always been intrigued by scents, which would explain why ever since a young age I have been expanding my collection of perfumes, candles, body lotions and other products. Today I wanted to go through my perfume collection, and give my honest reviews and opinions of the perfumes I have collected over the years. I display all of my perfumes on top of my dresser on an adorable mirrored perfume tray that was passed on by my grandmother.

One of the newest additions to my perfume collection is Gucci Guilty. I received this as a Christmas gift from my boyfriend, and I have been loving it every since. The scent is described as "Sexy, Daring and Rich." I couldn't agree more! This is definitely a rich nighttime/winter scent. It's slightly fruity with notes of mandarin and peach, mixed with florals such as lilac and geranium. There are also notes of pink pepper, patchouli, and amber. My nose is attracted to any scent that has amber, it's warm and cozy and makes me feel wonderful!

This perfume ranges in price from the .025ml travel size at $27.00, to the 1oz for $55.00, 1.6oz for $77.00 and the size that I have pictured 2.5oz for $99.00. It's one of the more expensive perfumes, but I assure you it is a staple item that should be in everyone's collection for either date night, a night out on the town with your girlfriends or nice dinner party. 


 
 My next favorite in my collection is the Juicy Couture Deluxe Mini Coffret. This is great for me because I have never been a big enough fan of any of the Juicy Couture perfumes individually to commit to one or the other and spend the near $100 on a full size bottle. Before I get into the perfumes themselves, I wanted to take a second to appreciate the adorable packing of this mini set. The neon pink velvet like fabric on the outside is such a nice touch, which makes it appropriate to display the perfumes in their original box on top of my dresser with the rest of my perfumes that I have displayed. This set can be found at Sephora for $49.50.

From the left, the first perfume that is in this set is the Original Juicy Couture Parfum. This perfume is probably my least favorite out of the whole set. It says the notes are, "watermelon, mandarin, pink passion fruit, marigold, green apple, water hyacinth, crushed leaves, tuberose absolute, wild rose, princess lily, tuberose, caramel creme brulee, vanilla, precious woods, and patchouli." It sounds like a very complex scent, however when I smell this perfume, I get hit with the tuberose absolute, and tuberose. I'm not the biggest fan of rose, but if you are, then this is a great perfume for you! I've only worn this one about three times.

The next perfume is the Viva La Juicy Parfum. This one is less complex and has notes of "wild berries, mandarin, honeysuckle, gardenia, amber, caramel, vanilla, sandalwood, and praline." When I smell this I get the wild berry and honeysuckle right away. When I am wearing it, the reaction of the perfume on my skin brings out the amber and vanilla. I really like this perfume for day time. It's fun and flirty and great for anyone who wants to smell sweet.

Next, the third perfume in the deluxe mini set, is the Couture Couture by Juicy Couture. Right away I would describe this one as a mature scent. The notes are "mandarin, orange blossom, grape accord, jasmine, honeysuckle, plum, sandalwood, amber and vanilla." This scent is very strong, and has a tendency to stay one for hours and hours. That's not always the case with perfumes, so that is a huge reason why I love this one!

Lastly, my favorite is the Viva La Juicy La Fleur Eau De Toilette. It's very similar to the original Viva La Juicy, but the La Fleur (meaning flower in French), adds such a nice touch. The notes in this scent are "wild berries, mandarin, honeysuckle, gardenia petals, soft jasmine, vanilla, caramel, and sandalwood." In my opinion the soft jasmine is the biggest difference between this scent and the original. I love jasmine, it adds a soft and elegant touch to this perfume. I would recommend this scent for both night and day, I find it to be very versatile.


Lastly for today's post, I wanted to review these two fragrances from Ralph Lauren. The first one, the smaller purple bottle, is called RALPH HOT by Ralph Lauren. This is the sweeter one of the two. I had originally bought this fragrance when I was in high school, so I tend to associate it with a younger crowd. However, I think that if you sweeter perfumes, you should give it a try. The francrance, originally launched in 2006, has top notes of "oriental vanilla, mandarin orange, musk, sandalwood, lemon, lime, almond blossom, amber, fig leaf, and spices. On first sniff my nose is filled with a warm vanilla and amber, but there is some complexity that comes when the perfume meets your skin. I'm a fan! This 1oz size costs about $54.00

As its orange bottle may give away, the RALPH ROCKS by Ralph Lauren perfume is filled with notes of citrus. In the scent description by the company itsself it says that scent was aimed at the younger crowd, however I think anyone who wants a fresh citrus, clean and springy scent would love this. The top notes include "kiwi, passion fruit, freesia, orange blossom, hyacinth, green palm leaves, sun-warm wood and amber." This scent was also released back in 2006, so it has been around for a long time! This 3.4oz size costs around $70.00. It can be hard to find, but ebay and amazon have listings for these scents.
 
I hope this post is helpful for anyone who's looking for some new perfumes and doesn't know where to begin!

Cheers,

Haleigh


At Home

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment