Some Inexpensive Companies that are Cruelty-Free

There is nothing like the satisfaction I get from getting great beauty products for little money, that are cruelty-free. In my experience, it seems like most of the companies out there that claim to be vegan/cruelty-free are on the expensive side. After doing some research about Revlon from my previous post, I've found some other well-known drugstore brands that don't test their products on animals. 


One of my favorite chap stick brands is Burt's Bees. All of my friends and I use the Original (pictured to the left), which has a refreshing minty-flavor, and is make from beeswax ($2.99). While taking a stroll through target, I came across an entire section that was designated for Burt's Bees products, and was pleasantly surprised by the amount of natural, cruelty-free products that they offer. Their products consist of a variety of lip products (such as chap stick and tinted lip balms), skin care (such as facial cleansers, moisturizers and acne treatments), hair products (such as shampoos and conditioners), and even baby products (such as body washes, lotions and diaper treatments). (http://www.burtsbees.com/)


When  I was taking dance classes when I was a child up until my junior year of high school, the stage makeup we would use was from a company called E.L.F (Eyes Lips Face). Most of their products cost only $1.00, but they also carry a line called their Studio Line, where the price goes up a little. I was so happy to hear that they don't test their products on animals, or use any ingredients that come from test conducted on animals. Even though the products aren't amazing quality, they have some products that are a great start to a new makeup collection, or if you aren't looking to spend a lot of money. You can order their products online, or they have a small selection of their products at Target.  (http://www.eyeslipsface.com/)


I'm sure you've all seen those commercials on TV where a beautiful woman is flipping her shiny gorgeous hair back and forth and talking about how much she loves her new shampoo and conditioner. One of the most common brands that I see on TV is TRESumme hair care products. When I was in junior high, I used TRESumme on a regular basis, and I used to love it. Since I worked in a beauty salon for almost a year, I switched over to more high-end products that I've fallen in love with, and have forgotten about the products I used to love when I was younger. They carry all kinds of different products including shampoo, conditioner, heat protectant, styling gel, and many other things too! The best part about them is that they aren't too expensive ($5 for a 25oz bottle), and they smell a-m-a-z-i-n-g! (http://www.tresemme.com/)


I hope you all enjoyed this post, and find it helpful in your search for cruelty-free makeup and beauty products!


Cheers,
Haleigh

At Home

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

1 comment:

  1. I did not know Tresemme was a cruelty-free comapny! All this time I thought they tested on animals. I'm glad to know that the hair products I use are cruelty-free!

    ReplyDelete