Taking My Blog In a New Direction

Today, I'd like to talk about some changes I will be making in my blog. Now, in my second semester in college, I am enrolled in a second-year English class that requires us to make a blog about something we are passionate about. For a few days I went back and forth about weather I should continue doing posts on this blog for my class, or create something new. After much thought I realized that blogging about beauty products and other beauty related things is what I'm passionate about and I feel that taking my blog in a new direction will be something that is fun for me, and that will hopefully bring some newfound knowledge to those who read my blog!


Within the last month or so, I came across some news that kind of disturbed me. A lot of the beauty products I use daily are those from companies that  test their products on animals. I did not know this until I came across a website that has companies listed that test on animals, and it really shocked me. After reading the some information on Wikipedia (link above), I became quite bothered by some of the information I had discovered. One of the first things I read was, "50 to 100 million vertebrate animals are used in experimentation annually[…]invertebrates, mice, rats, fish, frogs, and [other] animals [are] not yet weaned are not yet included in the figures." After reading that, I looked a little lower and saw, "most animals are euthanized after being used in an experiment." I could not believe what I had just read, and more than that, could not believe that I had not known this information sooner. 


It's one thing if you don't realize that the products you are using have been tested on animals, but once it was brought to my attention, I started to feel like it was my duty to bring awareness to this problem, and what better way to do that then featuring some information about that on this blog.


In the near future, I hope to do some posts about specifically how the animals are tested, what animals are used in the testing process, what companies do and do not test on animals, along with how to tell if certain beauty products have been tested on animals before you purchase them. Along the way there may be some posts about things that spike my interest as I further research this topic, but I will let you know in advance if they will come across as off-topic. Along with bringing awareness to companies that test on animals, I would like to talk about using eco-friendly, 100% cruelty-free, and vegan products to help better the environment and to talk about how they can be a healthy alternative to a lot of the beauty products we use daily.


That's all for today!


Cheers,
Haleigh


(Information Credit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_testing Photo Credit: http://3.bp.blogspot.com)

At Home

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you created a blog how you are to create something you are passionate about and creating an awareness of a health hazard to the animals. I love this blog because I am very passionate with beauty products but also my love for animals. I have four dogs.
    I have had experimented with my dog as a child. I use to paint her nails and put lipstick on her so she would be ready for tea time but this euthenizing and animal testing is very cruel.

    ReplyDelete