A Newfound Love

If you have been following my blog for a while, you would know that one of my favorite companies is LUSH. I have loved every product I’ve purchased from them, and I stand behind this company 100% because I absolutely love everything this company stands for. They are a cruelty-free company who also has a lot of vegan options. Recently I picked up two new hair products, and couldn’t be happier with this purchase.

For almost a year I worked in a hair salon as a receptionist and received quite a good education on what shampoos and conditioners were good for your hair, and some that are not. Before working there, I never really cared about what I used and most of the time I just picked up whatever smelled good at Target. Now that I know how you hair can be affected, I chose my hair products very carefully. I hesitated to buy LUSH shampoo and conditioner because I loved my Pureology products that they sold at the salon. After I ran out I decided that now would be a great time to try some new stuff out, and I couldn’t be happier that I did.

The first thing I bought was the “I Love Juicy” Vegan Shampoo ($9.95-$29.95), which has an amazing cocktail of fruit juices and ingredients from the ocean. It’s targeted to those with hair prone to oil, but I personally don’t have that issue and still love this product. The amazing smell comes from the combination of kiwi, pineapple, papaya and mango juices that work to cleanse the scalp. Also, sea salt is used to add some volume and lastly, seaweed gel for softness. (www.lushusa.com/I-Love-Juicy)

Along with the shampoo, I picked up the “American Cream” Conditioner ($9.95-$29.95). This product is suitable for all hair types, and has an amazing scent of vanilla and strawberries. It is made with honey, lavender, fresh strawberries and fresh oranges. They say it’s a heavy conditioner that doesn’t weigh down you hair, but in my experience with it, it’s one of the lighter conditioners I’ve used, but it still does a great job of getting the tangles out. Another plus to this conditioner is that the delicious smell stays in your hair all day. ( http://www.lushusa.com/American-Cream-Conditioner )

All in all, LUSH is a fantastic company and I would strongly recommend that if you are in search of some great hair care products that you go in and ask for a sample. Their shampoos and conditioners come in three different sizes, so I bough the smallest travel size to try it out, and as soon as they are gone I will go in and get the bigger size!


(If you would like to learn about some more products from LUSH, check out this blog Beauty In the Eye of the Beholder, from a fellow classmate of mine who previously worked at a LUSH store.)

Cheers,
Haleigh



At Home

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

3 comments:

  1. I could not agree more. I have been a pantene user because of the conditioner works wonders in my hair and it smell amazing and yes I did learn from an earlier post that it is a animal testing product. But This does offer an alternative but to be truthful what it all boils down to is how much does it cost. Having hair that is almost down to my butt make me consult my financial piggy bank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. I used to love pantene! But i have suppper long hair also so I go through shampoo so fast. I can get away with using less conditioner by just putting it on my ends, but the LUSH shampoo/conditioner is quite pricey! I'll do some research and find out if there is a cheaper option to this at target :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete