New! Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Foundation and Concealer Review

Hello Everyone!
      I'm back with another short review of this new foundation and concealer that I keep seeing all over social media lately! I had to pick them and see if they were worth the hype! 

     This is called the Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Foundation. I purchased mine at CVS Pharmacy, however it seems to be available everywhere from Target and Ulta, to Walgreens and Walmart. I paid about $9.99 for mine at CVS, but at Ulta it is listed at $11.99. It is very affordable and right off the bat I'll tell you it is worth the $10-12!   

      The foundation claims to give "an all-day flawless coverage and better-looking skin in just 3 weeks." That's quite the claim because a lot of foundations out there cause people to break out and such after a short while of wearing them. I have been wearing it for about 2 weeks now and I've had very good results. I think the coverage is great and it feels very light on the skin. I am in the shade 20 "Classic Ivory" which is the second lightest shade. The formula is also Oil-Free for those of you out there who have oily skin like me! 



      One of the most interesting things about this foundation is that it contains Actyl-C, which is a more durable from of Vitamin C. One of the biggest crazes in skincare right now is Vitamin C and the radiance it provides the skin. The foundation is also advertised for all skin types which is cool. Some foundations out there are too heavy and crack for dry skin and some are too oily and moisturizing for acne prone skin, but this is right in the middle which is nice. 

     Moving on to the Betters Skin Concealer... I purchased the shade Light. I was very very impressed by this concealer. Now, it doesn't compare to the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye or anything, but for a drugstore concealer it is quite nice. Its a little less expensive than the foundation, its $8.99 at CVS. I don't have a whole lot of blemishes to cover, so I mostly use concealer to cover up dark circles under my eyes, and to highlight my forehead, bridge of nose, and my chin. I'm loving it so far! Similar to the foundation, the concealer claims to reduce the appearance of "dark circles, spots and imperfections in just 3 weeks". We shall see, I'm on week 2 and I'm pretty impressed!

      Up above is a shade comparison between the concealer shade Light on top, and the foundation shade 20 Classic Ivory on the bottom. 

I would recommend this to anyone looking for an affordable foundation that works really nicely and is bulidable to full coverage! If you try it tell me what you think! 

Cheers,
Haleigh


     



At Home

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment